Michelle J. Spirn
Michelle J. Spirn has over twenty years of experience in all facets of family law litigation. She is proud to be a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, a national organization whose members are committed to practicing family law at the highest levels of skill, honesty, integrity, and professionalism. Michelle is on the executive committee of the Missouri Chapter and chairs the national Professionalism Committee. She has been recognized by Best Lawyers In America since 2019 and was named Best Lawyers “Lawyer of the Year” for Family Law in 2021.
Michelle has also been designated a St. Louis “Super Lawyer” since 2014 by Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers, published by Thomson Reuters. Since 2015, the same publication listed her as one of the “Top 50 Women Lawyers” in Missouri and Kansas, and a “Top 50 St. Louis Super Lawyer” in 2021 . She holds the “AV” rating of the Martindale-Hubbell Legal Directory, the highest rating an attorney can achieve. Between 2016 and 2021, Michelle served the Office of Chief Disciplinary Counsel on its Region X Disciplinary Committee, which investigates complaints against attorneys by the public.
Michelle graduated from Washington University School of Law in 1996 and George Washington University in 1992.
- Speaker, “Creative Approaches to the Complex Maintenance Case,” Missouri Bar 2017
- Biennial Family Law Symposium, April, 2017
- Speaker, “Presenting Voluminous Evidence Efficiently At Trial,” Missouri Bar Family Law Conference, 2016
- Speaker, “Enforcement of Monetary Judgments For Clients in Family Matters,” Missouri Bar Annual Meeting, 2015
- Speaker, “Divorce for the Non-Family Law Practitioner,” Greensfelder Hemker & Gale, January, 2015
- Participant, “Table of Experts,” St. Louis Business Journal, September 26, 2014
- Speaker, “Combating Dirty Tricks of the Trade,” Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, October 1, 2013
- Speaker, “Divorce Law Guide From A-Z,” National Business Institute, June 25, 2013 Publication, “Hot Button Legal Topics,” Ladue News, February 7, 2013
- Missouri (1996)
- Illinois (1997)